Digital Strategy Manager
Channel 44 is Adelaide’s community TV station, providing a multi-platform local content delivery service for community groups, filmmakers, program producers, internship placements and volunteers.
Channel 44 actively engages with local South Australian communities, businesses, universities and events, to help promote and showcase the best of what our state has to offer. Through media partnerships, live- streaming, sponsorship opportunities and the power of social media, we help connect South Australia’s diverse communities with our viewers and followers.
Channel 44 is run by a small team of dedicated staff and volunteers, working in wide range of roles from video editing to production event coordination. We highly value the contributions made by our volunteers and in turn we provide a wide range of opportunities for their professional development. By training and utilising volunteer skills, we are able to provide professional media services in a cost effective manner.
The Digital Strategy Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing Channel 44’s online transition strategy whilst reporting directly to the General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic small core team of media professionals during a transformative period as we establish a new business plan and model for the online transition of our free-to-air broadcast.
This role will be instrumental in the successful launch of the national CTV online platform and will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and business strategies that build the profile of our online platform. This role will also have a strong focus on creating new partnerships to drive the growth of our new business model.
This full-time contract position until June 30, 2021 will be based out of Channel 44’s office within the ABC building at Collinswood.
- End-to-end management and rolling out of Channel 44’s digital transition business strategy.
- Developing and implementing marketing and communications strategy to drive new and existing audiences to national community television online platform.
- Business development activities including seeking new partners, sponsors and clients.
- Grant writing, reporting and management.
- Process and policy development and training of staff.
- Working with General Manager, Operations and Development Manager, Digital Production & Marketing Manager, Broadcast Manager, key stakeholders including sponsors, board members, and content producers.
- Management of station volunteers and interns.
- Assisting with production and event management as required.
This role is suited to someone with a strong understanding of digital technologies (VOD/streaming platforms, social media), digital marketing strategy, and business development experience.
- High level understanding of digital technologies (VOD/streaming platforms, social media)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong understanding of digital marketing methods and strategy.
- Leadership skills and proven ability to develop strong business relationships with key industry partners and stakeholders.
- Hard working and self-motivated, excellent problem-solving skills.
- High levels of service delivery to clients, management and partnerships.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Understanding of content production for an online environment essential.
- Experience in television, film, radio, or related digital media production desirable.
- High level understanding of Community Broadcasting policies, procedures and values/working in a not for profit environment with volunteers/interns desirable.
- Qualifications in marketing, business, communications or related field desirable.
To apply for this position please provide the following:
- Your CV
- A one page covering letter addressing the Key Capabilities/Qualifications
- Contact details for at least two professional referees
- Forward your complete application by COB Wednesday 14th October 2020.
- Please email to Lauren Hillman, General Manager, email@example.com
Subject Line: Digital Strategy Manager Position